Host Parker Plaisted interviews Tami Buckman. Tami talks about her career in graphic design and user experience design.
User Experience Designer
Tami has more than 20 years of experience in visual communications with emphasis on graphic design and interactive web design.
Tami and Parker recorded their contributions to this episode separately. Tami answered the following questions:
- During your college years at VCU, what classes and projects contributed to the skills and knowledge that you use in your work now?
- How can a new designer stand out at their first job?
- After working for agencies for more than a decade, you moved to an in-house position. Describe the difference of working for an agency vs. working in-house.
- What are some of your favorite projects?
- How have you changed as a designer over time and from working in different work settings?
- What can others learn from the path your career took?
- What are the skills and knowledge you need to be successful in your type of job?